8.13.2008

*whine*

The problem with doing a good job at work is that sometimes you get asked to do things. Sometimes you even get *volunteered* to do things. And, because you have a reputation as a hard worker to uphold and because you like people thinking you're good at what you do, you let yourself be volunteered for things.

So I have to give a presentation tomorrow. I'm a little freaked out by it--not because I don't like presenting--I teach on a regular basis, for Pete's sake. But I usually teach to students, or maybe my library peers. Not professors. Not a whole room of professors. And certainly not the whole faculty of the college after they've had to sit through a day of presentations and are just coming off a faculty meeting (those are always *such* fun).

So, yeah. A little nervous.

*sigh*

But I'll get over it and it'll be fine. They're not so scary, really. They're actually pretty darn nice. But it's a little intimidating when the collective is looming before you in the auditorium....

No comments: